Cong a parking lot for criminals: Majithia
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Revenue Minister and president of the Youth Akali Dal, Bikram Majithia, on Friday accused the Congress of being a "parking lot for criminals and hooligans".
Reacting to state Congress chief Captain Amarinder Singh accusing him of patronising criminals and rewarding them with party posts, Majithia said: "The Congress should self introspect and they will see for themselves the kind of patronage it had given to criminal elements."
Maintaining that he did not need advice and sermons from a person who has brought the worst kind of morals and ethics into politics, Majithia told Amarinder: "You can preach a better sermon with your life than with your lips."
On Thursday, while condemning the murder of ASI Ravinderpal Singh, Amari-nder had accused Majithia of "patronising goons and criminals, who had the audacity to kill an ASI who objected to his daughter being eve-teased".
Commenting on Leader of Opposition Sunil Jakhar seeking Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal's resignation over the ASI murder, Majithia said: "...Jakhar should first go and seek Sonia Gandhi's resignation for patronising and rewarding people and families with criminal records."