Cong adds one more seat in Mizoram, Thanhawla stakes claim to form govt
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Congress' seat tally in the 40-member Mizoram Assembly has gone up to 34 after the party's candidate won a re-poll in Lawngtlai East constituency.
H Zothangliana defeated his MDA rival Vanupa Zathang by a margin of 273 votes. He was leading by 83 votes excluding at one polling station for which re-poll had to be conducted due to an EVM malfunction on counting day.
The re-poll was conducted on Wednesday and 207 people voted. Of these, 198 voted for H Zothangliana.
Meanwhile, Lal Thanhawla, who was elected as leader of the Congress Legislature Party, staked his claim to form government in Mizoram.
Thanhawla will be sworn in for a second consecutive term as the Chief Minister on Saturday. (With PTI inputs)
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express