Cong approaches CEO over Modiís 3D rallies
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
The Congress has written to the state chief electoral officer not to allow broadcast of Chief Minister Narendra Modi's speech at 26 different places across the state by using 3-D technology without fulfilling the procedures.
In a letter to CEO, Congress spokesperson Manish Doshi said that Modi should be allowed satellite broadcasting of his speech only if he had sought and been given permission for all the 26 different places.
He said the Election Commission rules did not permit him to telecast his speech to 26 places if he had sought permission for one place only.
He pointed out that the CM had earlier violated the rules by broadcasting his speech to four different places by using 3-D technology without seeking EC permission.