Cong backs Didi, slams Buddha
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The state unit of the Congress party, which has been at loggerheads with the Trinamool Congress since Mamata Banerjee walked out of the UPA alliance, came out in support of the chief minister by slamming the CPM for "amassing wealth". The Congress said the CPM should give an account of the property it has amassed during its 34 years of rule. "We have no information how much property the CM has got. But we do know that the CPM has accumulated a huge amount of money in the last 34 years and it should provide an account of it. What right Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee has got to raise these allegations. He was rejected by the people but again he is trying to hog the limelight by raising a hue and cry on issues on which he has no moral right to speak," said Congress MP and arch rival of Mamata, Adhir Choudhury. State Cong chief Pradip Bhattacharya also rejected Buddhadeb's claim. "We don't give any importance to what Buddhadeb said. What is he now?" he told The Indian Express.