Cong blames Sena as city called ‘dirtiest’
Reacting strongly to an international survey ranking Mumbai as the "dirtiest" city in the world, Congress spokesperson Sachin Sawant urged CM Prithviraj Chavan to take steps to improve the situation. He alleged corruption and lack of planning in the Sena-led BMC responsible for the bad state of the city.
In the recently-announced TripAdvisor's Cities Survey, Mumbai was ranked last in a survey of "cleanest streets" among 40 key tourist cities in the world. Tokyo grabbed the first place.
In his letter Sawant has asked the CM to take a personal interest in the working of BMC, and also pointed to some earlier surveys such as Forbes, which too had rated Mumbai as the seventh dirtiest city in the world.
- Across the aisle: The ethos of India wins the election
- Salvation of India rests with Modi, provided he reforms himself
- Not much time left for Modi's 'Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas'
- Let's admit, India among countries with highest levels of religious tolerance
- Inside Track: L K Advani's birthday business
- Bihar: what happened and why