Cong burns Mamata’s effigy close to her home
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC to hear Centre's plea on restraining TN govt from releasing convicts
- With Anna men in âwar roomâ, AAP-like ideas on table, Mamata dreams national
- Leopard on the loose in Meerut, officials order closure of schools and colleges
- Konan Poshpora: Probe official speaks up, says was threatened
- BJP would stop at nothing to grab power and divide state on communal lines, says Rahul
As Mamata Banerjee addressed a rally in Delhi opposing FDI in retail, close to her home at Kalighat, state Congress supporters Monday burnt the Chief Minister's effigy at a rally in support of FDI.
Even as West Bengal Pradesh Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya feebly tried to stop party workers from burning her effigy, his supporters went ahead. Political observers claim that the Congress Monday did what even the Left parties had never done during their 34 years' rule.
Congress leaders said she was inching closer to BJP. "Look at who are coming to her dharna in Delhi...BJP's L K Advani and Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi are all praise for her. People will not forgive her for that," said Bhattacharya.
- 4 more bodies found on Arunachal border, curfew in Assam town
- ‘Polls have come in the way of new norms for tech institutes’
- Food security Act also covers foreign nationals, refugees, says Law Ministry
- Lokayukta meets Bhardwaj over Bill
- Days before school admissions start, HC order on RTE creates confusion
- NGO seeks funds to train HIV+ patients