Cong councillor slams MC commissioner for slow pace of work
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
High drama was witnessed on Wednesday when Congress councillor Rakesh Parashar gheraoed Municipal Commissioner, R K Verma at his residence. Reportedly, the councilor was irritated over lack of repair works in his ward. Prashar gheroed the commissioner along with former councilor Parminder Mehta and the drama continued for more than half an hour at Verma's residence. Parashar and Mehta also went to office of newly appointed zonal commissioner Zone A, Sumit Jarangal and gheraoed him over the work going on at snail's pace.
Parashar is also the senior deputy leader of opposition in Ludhiana Municipal Corporation. Parminder Mehta is the husband of Congress councilor Sushma Mehta from ward 35.
Prashar, from ward 36, and Mehta bombarded the commissioner with the problems of the residents and slammed Varma for callous attitude of MC in solving them.
After the gherao, the commissioner immediately directed junior engineer and additional commissioner to initiate the works.
"You (commissioner) are not able to start the works that were stalled long time back. The works cannot be completed by just calling meetings. You need to check the ground realities and move into the field to check the real progress," Parashar lambasted the commissioner.
"My people question me everyday as to why I am not able to start the works in my ward. They question me and I will question you (commissioner) because you are responsible for the delay" Parashar said.
Prashar also said that since there was no house meeting after the MC house was formed, the councilors have not been able to give their requirements to the MC. "MC has failed on all parts, there has been no house meeting and neither are they able to start stalled works" said Prashar.
Parashan confirmed the incident and said: "It had great impact as work started within two hours." He added that Congress will be protesting in front of MC Zone-A office continuously to highlight inefficiencies of SAD led MC.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress