Cong expels turncoat who joined SP
- EC bans Amit shah, Azam Khan from holding public rallies after hate speech
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- PMO attacks Sanjaya Baru on his book
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee on Saturday formally expelled former MP Dharmraj Patel, who re-joined Samajwadi Party on November 17 and was given a ticket by the party from Phoolpur constituency of Allahabad in SP's second list of candidates for 2014 general elections.
Apart from Patel, former Lakhimpur Kheri MLA Arvind Giri and local Lakhimpur Kheri leader Tripti Awasthi were also expelled for six years by former MP Ramkrishan Dwivedi, chairman of party's disciplinary committee following "anti-party activities."