Cong forms team to organise Chintan Shivir
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
Sonia Gandhi Thursday constituted a 10-member group to organise the Congress' 'Chintan Shivir' in Jaipur on January 18-19. AICC treasurer Motilal Vora and former minister Ambika Soni will chair and convene, respectively, of the group whose members include A K Antony, Jairam Ramesh, P Chidambaram, Ahmed Patel, Janardan Dwivedi, Digvijaya Singh, Oscar Fernandes and Ghulam Nabi Azad. Incidentally, AICC general secretary in charge of Rajasthan Mukul Wasnik has been left out.
Chidambaram's inclusion is an indication of his increasing involvement in organisational affairs. While he has been part of the decision-making process at the top level in the party and the government, including as a member of the Congress Core Group, it is not often that he is given a formal role in organising party programmes.