Cong has always fought terror, BJP bowed before it: Rajiv Shukla
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi's vision is limited to 'toffees and balloons', says Raman Singh
Hitting back at Narendra Modi for his comments that Congress has given Indian Mujahideen a "free hand" to settle political scores, Union Minister Rajiv Shukla on Saturday said his party has lost several leaders to terrorism, but BJP leaders have never suffered a scratch.
The Congress has always fought terrorism and has lost many of its leaders, including former prime ministers Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi, while BJP has bowed before it, Shukla told reporters here.
Referring to the Air India hostage situation at Kandahar in Afghanistan in 1999, he said, "NDA ministers took terrorists safely to Kandahar and paid Taliban to release Indian passengers (who were held hostage)."
"On what basis is Narendra Modi (BJP's prime ministerial candidate) saying that Congress is giving a free hand to terror outfits?" Shukla asked, and warned the BJP leader to think well before making such allegations.
On the demand for banning opinion polls, the minister said the poll panel was seeking suggestions about them and Congress had only given its opinion. He said BJP was specialist at changing it colours.
Addressing a rally at Bahraich in Uttar Pradesh, Modi had alleged that terror outfit Indian Mujahideen was being given a "free hand" to settle political scores with him and save "Congress' fortress" in elections.