Cong hatched conspiracy with CBI to save Robert Vadra in land scam: Abhay Chautala
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Hours after his father Om Prakash Chautala and elder brother Ajay were sentenced to 10 years in jail for illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic teachers (JBT) in Haryana in 2000, INLD leader Abhay Singh Chautala alleged that it was a conspiracy hatched by the Congress and the CBI to target and malign his family.
Abhay said the INLD will file an appeal in the High Court against the verdict. Also, the party will launch a campaign from January 25 to "enlighten the people against the judgment".
"As soon as we get a copy of the Rohini court order, the appeal will be filed," Abhay, a member of the Haryana Assembly from Ellenabad, said. "INLD will expose the Congress, CBI and the 'B' team of Congress (which he did not name)...."
"The Congress in alliance with CBI and its 'B' team hatched a conspiracy in order to save Robert Vadra (son-in-law of Sonia Gandhi) in the land scam in the state," he alleged.
Abhay alleged that both Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and Vadra "are looting the state". "This (the case against Chautala) happened after my father exposed the Hooda government's land scams."
"It must be for the first time in the judicial history of the country that someone got 10-year imprisonment under section 467. Chautala was accused of conspiracy under Section 120-B of the IPC yet he was awarded 10 years in jail. Nowhere it is explained as to how he was part of the conspiracy," Abhay said.
Attacking the investigating agency, he said, "CBI had always been used by the Congress against its politically strong opponents including Jaganmohan Reddy, who was clean as long as he was with the Congress in Andhra Pradesh, Mayawati and Mulayam Singh Yadav in Uttar Pradesh and Jayalalithaa in Tamil Nadu," he said.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express