Cong hits back: 'Modi's family not with him'
- In Textiles Ministry, a tussle brews between Smriti Irani and Secretary
- VK Singh tried to deny me promotion via false charges, malafide intent: Army Chief Dalbir Singh
- Rio Olympics: Sakshi Malik wins bronze in women's wrestling 58kg category, opens India's account
- PM Modi, Amit Shah lay foundation stone for new BJP headquarters in New Delhi
- CRPF says it has fired over 3000 pellet cartridges in Kashmir since July 8
With Narendra Modi targeting Rahul Gandhi yet again, the Congress Saturday launched a personal attack on BJP's PM candidate, saying even his family is not with him. At his Kanpur rally, Modi attacked Rahul, saying, "Those born with a golden spoon, what do they know of poverty?"
Congress spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary shot back, "Modi's family is not with him and he does not understand the dignity of other's family. We don't expect him to understand also because he is only focused on the chair of prime minister."
On the turnout at Modi's rallies, she said, "Film star Raj Kumar once said that a large crowd gathers even when the circus comes to town."
- Playing the Baloch card: We have acknowledged that India, Pakistan are deeply hyphenated
- Sharmila is the doer who breaks a grand vow to protect the greater common good
- Seventy years later, the sedition law is cramping all our freedoms
- Prepaid electricity in Manipur reduces power theft; improves supply
- Prime Minister’s I-Day speech was a spectacle that didn’t hold together
- Linking PoK with Balochistan could undermine India’s high moral ground vis a vis Pakistan