Cong hits back: 'Modi's family not with him'
- No permission for Gujarat roadshow: Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
With Narendra Modi targeting Rahul Gandhi yet again, the Congress Saturday launched a personal attack on BJP's PM candidate, saying even his family is not with him. At his Kanpur rally, Modi attacked Rahul, saying, "Those born with a golden spoon, what do they know of poverty?"
Congress spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary shot back, "Modi's family is not with him and he does not understand the dignity of other's family. We don't expect him to understand also because he is only focused on the chair of prime minister."
On the turnout at Modi's rallies, she said, "Film star Raj Kumar once said that a large crowd gathers even when the circus comes to town."
Union Minister Manish Tewari, meanwhile, compared Modi to Adolf Hitler, saying, "When he (Modi) talked about using Indian cinema to brand India, I was struck by this thought that way back in 1936, another gentleman wanted to use Berlin Olympics for a similar branding."