Cong MLA quits to join Trinamool
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
Kolkata: Humayun Kabir, Congress MLA from Murshidabad and a loyalist of Minister of State for Railways Adhir Chowdhury resigned from the party on Friday to join Trinamool Congress. In a letter to state Congress chief President Pradip Bhattacherjee and Chowdhury, Kabir wrote: "I resign from all Congress posts." "I will also put in my papers as MLA and join the Trinamool Congress on November 20," he later said. Kabir is likely to be inducted in the ministry in a reshuffle expected next week. Another Congress MLA Krishnendu Chowdhury from the Congress stronghold of Malda district would join the TMC on November 20 and is likely to be inducted into the ministry in the ministerial reshuffle.
Tata launches new sedan
Kolkata: Tata Motors on Friday launched its next-generation car, the Tata Manza, a Club Class sedan. The motor company promises plush interiors and state-of-the-art technology features, making it the most premium sedan in its class.