Cong MLA seeks CBI probe into property of Ramdev
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Supreme Court allows CAG to audit private telecom firms
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Duminy, Taylor push DD to 145/4
With Congress leaders raising doubts over the source of funding for Baba Ramdev's activities, party MLA in Uttarakhand Kishor Upadhyay on Thursday demanded a CBI probe into huge wealth allegedly accumulated by the Yoga Guru in just about a decade.
"Baba had only a cycle just a decade ago but now he has accumulated property worth crores of rupees. This should be investigated," Upadhyay told reporters.
The MLA from Tehri also urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank to recommend a CBI probe into the Baba's riches.
Upadhyay also urged Ramdev himself to come clean on the issue.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18