Cong MLA seeks CBI probe into property of Ramdev
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
With Congress leaders raising doubts over the source of funding for Baba Ramdev's activities, party MLA in Uttarakhand Kishor Upadhyay on Thursday demanded a CBI probe into huge wealth allegedly accumulated by the Yoga Guru in just about a decade.
"Baba had only a cycle just a decade ago but now he has accumulated property worth crores of rupees. This should be investigated," Upadhyay told reporters.
The MLA from Tehri also urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank to recommend a CBI probe into the Baba's riches.
Upadhyay also urged Ramdev himself to come clean on the issue.