Cong MLA seeks CBI probe into property of Ramdev
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- Telangana fallout: Governor accepts Reddy's resignation as Andhra Chief Minister
- Arvind Kejriwal writes to Narendra Modi on gas pricing, targest Mukesh Ambani again
- A day after Parliament passes Telangana bill, Hyderabad airport on red alert over letter threat
- Govt refuses security to IPL due to Lok Sabha polls, South Africa favourite to host 7th edition
With Congress leaders raising doubts over the source of funding for Baba Ramdev's activities, party MLA in Uttarakhand Kishor Upadhyay on Thursday demanded a CBI probe into huge wealth allegedly accumulated by the Yoga Guru in just about a decade.
"Baba had only a cycle just a decade ago but now he has accumulated property worth crores of rupees. This should be investigated," Upadhyay told reporters.
The MLA from Tehri also urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank to recommend a CBI probe into the Baba's riches.
Upadhyay also urged Ramdev himself to come clean on the issue.