Cong MLA seeks CBI probe into property of Ramdev
- Porn ban: Govt lifts ban on websites sans child pornography
- Mumbai attacks: Five explosive revelations made by Tariq Khosa
- Parliamentary panel on land bill postpones meet following suspension of Congress MP
- Combative Opposition stalls Parliament proceedings
- Missing Pawan Hans chopper sighted, rescue operation to resume tomorrow
With Congress leaders raising doubts over the source of funding for Baba Ramdev's activities, party MLA in Uttarakhand Kishor Upadhyay on Thursday demanded a CBI probe into huge wealth allegedly accumulated by the Yoga Guru in just about a decade.
"Baba had only a cycle just a decade ago but now he has accumulated property worth crores of rupees. This should be investigated," Upadhyay told reporters.
The MLA from Tehri also urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank to recommend a CBI probe into the Baba's riches.
Upadhyay also urged Ramdev himself to come clean on the issue.