Cong MLA seeks CBI probe into property of Ramdev
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
With Congress leaders raising doubts over the source of funding for Baba Ramdev's activities, party MLA in Uttarakhand Kishor Upadhyay on Thursday demanded a CBI probe into huge wealth allegedly accumulated by the Yoga Guru in just about a decade.
"Baba had only a cycle just a decade ago but now he has accumulated property worth crores of rupees. This should be investigated," Upadhyay told reporters.
The MLA from Tehri also urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank to recommend a CBI probe into the Baba's riches.
- True patriotism requires you to be able to say I am ashamed of my country in certain respects
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?