Cong MLA wants flyover named after Delhi gangrape victim
- RJD splits as 13 MLAs say they don't support Lalu Prasad; later 6 backtrack
- Govt has decided to drop anti-piracy charges against Italian marines, Centre tells SC
- Rahul slams Modi on migrant issue, says BJP playing divisive politics
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC to hear Centre's plea on restraining TN govt from releasing convicts
- Leopard on the loose in Meerut, officials order closure of schools and colleges
After Union Minister Shashi Tharoor on Tuesday favoured naming the revised anti-rape legislation after the 23-year-old Delhi gangrape victim, his party's MLA from Mumbai has demanded that the Milan subway flyover be named after the braveheart.
Congress MLA from Vile Parle Krishna Hegde met Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan in the evening and suggested to him that the flyover be named after the gangrape victim.
The flyover will be completed in four months, he said.
"In case the government discloses the actual name of the victim at a later stage, the flyover should be named accordingly," Hegde said.
"Nirbhaya (the victim) embodies the spirit of fearlessness," Hegde said, in a letter to Chavan.
- 4 more bodies found on Arunachal border, curfew in Assam town
- ‘Polls have come in the way of new norms for tech institutes’
- Food security Act also covers foreign nationals, refugees, says Law Ministry
- Lokayukta meets Bhardwaj over Bill
- Days before school admissions start, HC order on RTE creates confusion
- NGO seeks funds to train HIV+ patients