Cong MLA wants flyover named after Delhi gangrape victim
- Manish Sisodia announces key ministries of Delhi Cabinet
- Maken hits back at Sheila Dikshit, says result extension of 2013 mandate
- Voter lists in hand, Hindu Mahasabha looks for Christians, Muslims on Valentine’s Day
- Child, nurse, wife on vacation among 9 killed as train derails
- In Baramati, Narendra Modi says Sharad Pawar a 'helpful veteran leader'
After Union Minister Shashi Tharoor on Tuesday favoured naming the revised anti-rape legislation after the 23-year-old Delhi gangrape victim, his party's MLA from Mumbai has demanded that the Milan subway flyover be named after the braveheart.
Congress MLA from Vile Parle Krishna Hegde met Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan in the evening and suggested to him that the flyover be named after the gangrape victim.
The flyover will be completed in four months, he said.
"In case the government discloses the actual name of the victim at a later stage, the flyover should be named accordingly," Hegde said.
"Nirbhaya (the victim) embodies the spirit of fearlessness," Hegde said, in a letter to Chavan.