Cong rift: One group on dharna, other meets MC commissioner
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: MI off to shaky start against RCB, lose Hussey early
The factionalism in the Congress was once again visible when the faction led by MLA Bharat Bhushan Ashoo held a meeting with MC commissioner and submitted a memorandum, the other group, led by District Congress Committee president Pawan Dewan and leader of opposition Hemraj Aggarwal, sat on protest in MC Zone-A office on Thursday.
When contacted, Gurpreet Gogi, one of the councillors who attended the meeting with the commissioner, said, "We submitted a memorandum to the commissioner regarding many issues like rollback of property tax, development charges, immediate action on pending projects and completion of incomplete flyovers. Most importantly, the mayor, even after six months, has not called a house meeting once. He simply does not care about city."
Asked about the group sitting on protest, he said, "We are not aware of any group sitting on protest. We met commissioner for welfare of residents." The Dewan group has been sitting on protest for the past four days against the SAD-BJP government.
However, Aggarwal said, "It is not possible that they are not aware of protest as we informed all. But still they are also Congress councillors and part of our family. We do not have any problem if they meet MC commissioner for benefit of residents."