Cong slams ‘hopeless’ Budget
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- In UP, Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Rahul Gandhi's ordinance shortcut loses way
- Vigilance complaints pile up as Delhi Police doesnât know password
- Defence Ministry orders CBI probe into purchase of Rolls Royce engines by HAL
Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly Shankersinh Vaghela has termed the 2013-14 budget as "hopeless and directionless" which would only hike prices.
Vaghela said there was no provision for drinking water supplies in the budget, especially for Saurashtra and Kutch that were facing drinking water supply crisis.
Describing it a "back-breaking budget", Vaghela said only 42 per cent of the budget had been allocated for health, education and social service sectors, which should have been 60 per cent. Gujarat, he said, was much behind other states in education and health services. It was behind Bihar in gross domestic product.
"The 2013-14 budget is totally directionless....and very disappointing for the poor and middle class, and small-scale industries," state Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia said.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today
- Won’t return to NDA even if Narendra Modi is not PM candidate: JD(U)