Cong slams ‘hopeless’ Budget
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- GMR pilots skip medical tests before flying Rahul Gandhi, to be grounded
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly Shankersinh Vaghela has termed the 2013-14 budget as "hopeless and directionless" which would only hike prices.
Vaghela said there was no provision for drinking water supplies in the budget, especially for Saurashtra and Kutch that were facing drinking water supply crisis.
Describing it a "back-breaking budget", Vaghela said only 42 per cent of the budget had been allocated for health, education and social service sectors, which should have been 60 per cent. Gujarat, he said, was much behind other states in education and health services. It was behind Bihar in gross domestic product.
"The 2013-14 budget is totally directionless....and very disappointing for the poor and middle class, and small-scale industries," state Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia said.