Cong slaps notices on 2 councillors for stir against MLAs
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The state Congress has issued notices to its two sitting councillors and a former councillor for staging a demonstration two days ago, demanding that the none of the two sitting MLAs — Gyasuddin Sheikh and Farooq Sheikh — be fielded from the Dariapur Assembly constituency.
Nazneen Bastawala and Hasan Lala, sitting councillors from Dariapur ward, and Raju Momin, former councillor from Raikhad ward, have been asked submit a reply within four days, explaining why they held the demonstration.
The notices warn that such issues should be raised in party forums and not in public, and that their action amounted to indiscipline.
Party's disciplinary committee chairman Hasmukh Patel said, "We will take action depending on their replies."
Bastawala is an old political rival of Gyasuddin and Farooq. She had been claiming nomination for herself from Kalupur constituency earlier. After Kalupur seat disappeared following delimitation, she is reported to be seeking ticket from Dariapur having sizeable Muslim votes.