Cong stars skip party blitz, others let it rip
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Renuka rides a tractor to stage, calls CM an actor!
Congress spokesperson and MP Renuka Chowdhary, in keeping with her feisty image, rode a tractor on to the stage to address a rally here.
Debunking claims of development under Chief Minister Narendra Modi's rule, Chowdhary said: "Going by the claims and publicity of development being done in the state, even I was under the same impression. But after travelling by road from Rajkot till Keshod and seeing the pathetic condition of roads, I have realised the ground reality. Now when I return to Delhi, I will speak on national television about the reality of Gujarat," she said. Without naming Modi, the MP said, "How can a person who does not know the difference between rabi and kharif crops work for farmers? He has never ploughed the fields and is more bothered about his make-up."
"I would like to give the CM a Filmfare award for best actor as he keeps on saying there has been development in the state. He was shocked when we said we will give houses to women in the state. You will be shocked to see the actual data and figures of development in the state," Chowdhary added.