Cong stars skip party blitz, others let it rip
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
Renuka rides a tractor to stage, calls CM an actor!
Congress spokesperson and MP Renuka Chowdhary, in keeping with her feisty image, rode a tractor on to the stage to address a rally here.
Debunking claims of development under Chief Minister Narendra Modi's rule, Chowdhary said: "Going by the claims and publicity of development being done in the state, even I was under the same impression. But after travelling by road from Rajkot till Keshod and seeing the pathetic condition of roads, I have realised the ground reality. Now when I return to Delhi, I will speak on national television about the reality of Gujarat," she said. Without naming Modi, the MP said, "How can a person who does not know the difference between rabi and kharif crops work for farmers? He has never ploughed the fields and is more bothered about his make-up."
"I would like to give the CM a Filmfare award for best actor as he keeps on saying there has been development in the state. He was shocked when we said we will give houses to women in the state. You will be shocked to see the actual data and figures of development in the state," Chowdhary added.
She was accompanied by Congress MP from Porbandar Vitthal Radadia, who was recently caught on camera brandishing a gun at a toll plaza in Vadodara district.