Cong suspends 3 rebel MLAs
- Parliament LIVE: Snooping on Rahul not right, says Congress; 'Asking for facts is not snooping'
- Waste paper to phone use: Govt revives checklist against leaks
- 14 booked for church vandalism in Haryana, cross replaced with Hanuman idol
- Pakistan: Protesters hit the streets after blasts near Lahore churches leave 15 dead
- No arrests in Bengal nun ‘rape’, church attack, local Christians nervous
Gujarat Congress on Tuesday suspended all those party members who have filed their nominations as Independents or from some other party for the upcoming Assembly elections for six years. These include three sitting Congress MLAs ó Farooq Shaikh from Kalupur, Sabir Kabliwala from Jamalpur and Shankar Vaghela from Chaklasi.
After they were denied tickets, the three filed their nominations as Independent candidates. Shaikh filed his nomination from Dariapur, Kabliwala from Jamalpur and Vaghela from Mahudha constituency in central Gujarat.
Senior congressman Balubhai Patel said, "In every election, we suspend those members who file their nominations as Independents or as candidates of some other party against the Congress."