Cong suspends 3 rebel MLAs
- Farmer's suicide: PM says death has shattered the nation, Congress demands FIR against Modi, Kejriwal
- India needs a law to protect Internet: Rahul on Net Neutrality
- Late night storm claims 32, injures over 80 in Bihar
- A father-daughter angle in latest IPL conflict of interest
- Pak Army announces special force for protecting Chinese citizens
Gujarat Congress on Tuesday suspended all those party members who have filed their nominations as Independents or from some other party for the upcoming Assembly elections for six years. These include three sitting Congress MLAs ó Farooq Shaikh from Kalupur, Sabir Kabliwala from Jamalpur and Shankar Vaghela from Chaklasi.
After they were denied tickets, the three filed their nominations as Independent candidates. Shaikh filed his nomination from Dariapur, Kabliwala from Jamalpur and Vaghela from Mahudha constituency in central Gujarat.
Senior congressman Balubhai Patel said, "In every election, we suspend those members who file their nominations as Independents or as candidates of some other party against the Congress."