Cong to move EC over Modiís 3D poll blitz
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark, says it is a sign of 'weakness'
- I skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
Chief Minister Narendra Modi's 3D campaign extravaganza has come under attack from the Opposition and the Congress has decided to move the Election Commission seeking a probe into its source of funding.
Opposition parties have criticised the 3D holographic projection campaign using which Modi yesterday addressed four election rallies in as many cities simultaneously.
"This extravaganza could have been avoided. The cost involved, as per our information, was Rs 5 crore for each projection and they are planning to use it in all Assembly constituencies (182) of the state," Gujarat Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia said on Monday.
"We will request the Election Commission to probe the source of funding for such an extravaganza. The money spent behind this campaign can be used for providing education to students, serve those who are suffering from serious diseases or help the farmers," he said.