Cong to move EC over Modiís 3D poll blitz
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi has lowered the standard of political discourse in the country, says Chavan
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: KXIP set for another big total as Maxwell punishes SRH
Chief Minister Narendra Modi's 3D campaign extravaganza has come under attack from the Opposition and the Congress has decided to move the Election Commission seeking a probe into its source of funding.
Opposition parties have criticised the 3D holographic projection campaign using which Modi yesterday addressed four election rallies in as many cities simultaneously.
"This extravaganza could have been avoided. The cost involved, as per our information, was Rs 5 crore for each projection and they are planning to use it in all Assembly constituencies (182) of the state," Gujarat Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia said on Monday.
"We will request the Election Commission to probe the source of funding for such an extravaganza. The money spent behind this campaign can be used for providing education to students, serve those who are suffering from serious diseases or help the farmers," he said.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready