Cong to move EC over Modiís 3D poll blitz
- Cong makes public Raje's signed document backing Lalit Modi, asks govt to sack her
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal announces run for US presidential elections 2016
- Maharashtra minister Pankaja Munde accused of Rs 206 crore 'scam'
- Smriti Irani in dock over fake degree; Congress, AAP demand her sacking
- All above the age of 75 in BJP declared brain dead by Modi: Yashwant Sinha
Chief Minister Narendra Modi's 3D campaign extravaganza has come under attack from the Opposition and the Congress has decided to move the Election Commission seeking a probe into its source of funding.
Opposition parties have criticised the 3D holographic projection campaign using which Modi yesterday addressed four election rallies in as many cities simultaneously.
"This extravaganza could have been avoided. The cost involved, as per our information, was Rs 5 crore for each projection and they are planning to use it in all Assembly constituencies (182) of the state," Gujarat Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia said on Monday.
"We will request the Election Commission to probe the source of funding for such an extravaganza. The money spent behind this campaign can be used for providing education to students, serve those who are suffering from serious diseases or help the farmers," he said.