Cong to move EC over Modiís 3D poll blitz
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
Chief Minister Narendra Modi's 3D campaign extravaganza has come under attack from the Opposition and the Congress has decided to move the Election Commission seeking a probe into its source of funding.
Opposition parties have criticised the 3D holographic projection campaign using which Modi yesterday addressed four election rallies in as many cities simultaneously.
"This extravaganza could have been avoided. The cost involved, as per our information, was Rs 5 crore for each projection and they are planning to use it in all Assembly constituencies (182) of the state," Gujarat Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia said on Monday.
"We will request the Election Commission to probe the source of funding for such an extravaganza. The money spent behind this campaign can be used for providing education to students, serve those who are suffering from serious diseases or help the farmers," he said.