Cong to move EC over Modiís 3D poll blitz
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Chief Minister Narendra Modi's 3D campaign extravaganza has come under attack from the Opposition and the Congress has decided to move the Election Commission seeking a probe into its source of funding.
Opposition parties have criticised the 3D holographic projection campaign using which Modi yesterday addressed four election rallies in as many cities simultaneously.
"This extravaganza could have been avoided. The cost involved, as per our information, was Rs 5 crore for each projection and they are planning to use it in all Assembly constituencies (182) of the state," Gujarat Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia said on Monday.
"We will request the Election Commission to probe the source of funding for such an extravaganza. The money spent behind this campaign can be used for providing education to students, serve those who are suffering from serious diseases or help the farmers," he said.