Cong to protest against MC taxes on Dec 20
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
The Ludhiana District Congress Committee (urban) will stage a protest demonstration on December 20 against the recent decisions of the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation that seek to impose heavy taxes on the city residents.
A meeting of the Congress leaders was held at Sarabha Nagar on Sunday in which all block presidents, leader of opposition, senior deputy leader of opposition and former minister Malkit Singh Dakha were present. They appealed to the public to take part in the protest so that the corrupt practices of the BJP-Akali alliance could be highlighted.
DCC president Pawan Dewan said the party decided to hold a protest demonstration after they found that the issue of TS 1 certificate was affecting the public. The Tax Superintendent registration number 1 (TS 1) was made compulsory by the commissioner of the MC on November 22, saying all the residents were required to clear all the dues before the issuance of the TS 1 certificate.
He said the Congress had decided to oppose the move as it was against the city residents.
200 attend free eye camp
Aagaz Charitable Foundation, an NGO, on Sunday organised a free eye camp in collaboration with Sankara Eye Hospital at Blossoms Convent School at Leelan Megh Singh, Jagraon tehsil.
Over 200 villagers thronged the venue to benefit from the services of 14 eye specialists.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express