Cong to stage dharna against delay in fixing MSP for sugarcane
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Uttar Pradesh Congress will stage a dharna next week for early declaration of support price for sugarcane and for starting of crushing season by sugar mills, a party release issued here today said.
Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee president Nirmal Khatri has directed all district presidents to call upon all block presidents, former MLAs, MPs, senior party members and members of frontal organisations to organise a dharna at their district headquarters to push for a minimum of Rs 325 as support price per quintal of sugarcane, the release said, adding that the district presidents have also been directed to submit a memorandum to the governor through the respective district magistrates. Last season, Rs 240 was decided as the minimum support price for sugarcane, which was insufficient, and as the cost of production has gone up this year, the state government should increase the price to Rs 325, Khatri said. "The date of the dharna will be decided by the district presidents themselves," Congress spokesperson Virendra Madan said.
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy