Congress a seasonal political party: Sukhbir
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Saturday mocked the Opposition Congress by calling it a "seasonal political party whose leaders woke up from hibernation only during elections."
Stating that state Congress president Captain Amrinder Singh never visited Moga during his tenure as chief minister, Sukhbir said Amarinder was now campaigning here to "save his post."
Addressing an election meeting at Moga on Saturday, the deputy chief minister said people nowadays vote for performance but the Congress party, he added, has not learnt this lesson even after repeated defeats.
Sukhbir further said that after facing decimation in Punjab, Gujarat, UP and Bihar, the Congress will lose ground in South India as well. He added that the "luxury loving Congress leadership could not compete with the committed and dedicated leaders and workers of the Shiromani Akali Dal."
Sukhbir said the Congress had conceded defeat before the voting as it had alleged the possibility of hacking of EVMs recently.