Congress comes up with a ‘chargesheet’ against Modi govt
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
The state Congress Monday came out with a 18-point "chargesheet" running into 34 pages against 11 years of the Narendra Modi government's rule. The "chargesheet" is said to be based on facts collected by the party from various government departments through RTI applications.
Speaking after releasing the document, state Congress president Arjun Modhwadia told mediapersons that going by the facts provided by the state government departments itself, the government failed to deliver on all fronts and was involved in corruption worth thousands of crores of rupees.
Stating that when Amitabh Bachchan did not charge anything for advertisement campaign of the state tourism, he asked, "Where did the government spend Rs 39 crore on Khushboo Gujarat Ki?"
Alleging that corruption worth Rs 1 lakh crore in 17 cases had taken place during Modi's rule, Modhwadia said the Gujarat High Court had itself accepted corruption having taken place in two cases.
The "chargesheet" accuses Modi of avoiding appointment of Lokaykuta for the last eight years to cover up corruption in his government.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer