Congress comes up with a ‘chargesheet’ against Modi govt
- Solar scam case: Kerala court orders FIR against CM Oommen Chandy
- Supreme Court recalls order appointing former judge Virendra Singh as UP Lokayukta
- Arunachal Governor cited ‘cow slaughter’ protest as one sign of law & order collapse in state
- BJP leader held for alleged cow slaughter in Madhya Pradesh, gets expelled from party
- Indian-American Muslims flay Government move against AMU, Jamia
The state Congress Monday came out with a 18-point "chargesheet" running into 34 pages against 11 years of the Narendra Modi government's rule. The "chargesheet" is said to be based on facts collected by the party from various government departments through RTI applications.
Speaking after releasing the document, state Congress president Arjun Modhwadia told mediapersons that going by the facts provided by the state government departments itself, the government failed to deliver on all fronts and was involved in corruption worth thousands of crores of rupees.
Stating that when Amitabh Bachchan did not charge anything for advertisement campaign of the state tourism, he asked, "Where did the government spend Rs 39 crore on Khushboo Gujarat Ki?"
Alleging that corruption worth Rs 1 lakh crore in 17 cases had taken place during Modi's rule, Modhwadia said the Gujarat High Court had itself accepted corruption having taken place in two cases.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU