Congress comes up with a ‘chargesheet’ against Modi govt
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
The state Congress Monday came out with a 18-point "chargesheet" running into 34 pages against 11 years of the Narendra Modi government's rule. The "chargesheet" is said to be based on facts collected by the party from various government departments through RTI applications.
Speaking after releasing the document, state Congress president Arjun Modhwadia told mediapersons that going by the facts provided by the state government departments itself, the government failed to deliver on all fronts and was involved in corruption worth thousands of crores of rupees.
Stating that when Amitabh Bachchan did not charge anything for advertisement campaign of the state tourism, he asked, "Where did the government spend Rs 39 crore on Khushboo Gujarat Ki?"
Alleging that corruption worth Rs 1 lakh crore in 17 cases had taken place during Modi's rule, Modhwadia said the Gujarat High Court had itself accepted corruption having taken place in two cases.
The "chargesheet" accuses Modi of avoiding appointment of Lokaykuta for the last eight years to cover up corruption in his government.