Congress councillor, deputy mayor have tiff with RLO
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Heated arguments were witnessed at the Registering and Licensing Authority (RLO) in Sector 17 between the deputy mayor, a Congress councillor and the registering and licensing officer on Wednesday.
The incident occurred when Congress councillor Sat Prakash Aggarwal and Deputy Mayor Satish Kainth went to the RLO for Aggarwal's work. According to the police, when signatures on the file did not match, RLO Jairam refused to get the work done.
However Kainth says that the RLO misbehaved with them and did not let them enter his room. "He asked us to wait outside saying that he was holding a meeting. Even when I told him that I am the deputy mayor, he misbehaved," said Kainth. He claims that the RLO was made to give a written apology, a claim that the police has refuted.
Meanwhile, Jairam told the police that the councillors used abusive language in his office and created a scene.