Congress delegatesí conference on Dec 26
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Gadkari says there's casteism in Bihar DNA then retracts by saying he meant 'political' DNA
- At least Modi-led govt wonât be remote-controlled, says Anna
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: RCB recover after early strikes by MI
In order to start preparations for the Lok Sabha elections, the Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee (UPCC) will be organising a one-day delegates' conference on December 26. To be chaired by state party president Nirmal Khatri, the conference will also be attended by Digvijay Singh, AICC general secretary in charge of UP.
All district and city presidents, members of AICC from the state as well as UPCC members will participate in the conference, besides all party MPs and legislators of the state, zonal presidents and vice-presidents, and leaders of frontal organisations.
Party spokesperson Virendra Madan said: "The main aim will be to prepare the party's plan for the Lok Sabha elections, discuss major issues and pass political and economic resolutions in view of the elections."
AICC general secretary Janardan Dwivedi had sent a circular to state Congress committees to organise delegate conferences of state party leaders before December 31. The conference is also being viewed as the preparatory meeting for the Congress's Chintan Shivir to be held in Jaipur from January 18.