Congress faces uphill task in Lok Sabha polls: Yoga guru Ramdev
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi attacks Gandhis, says family going strong for 60 years, time to build a strong nation
Yoga guru Ramdev on Friday said that after a crushing defeat in four states, Congress faces an uphill task in the coming 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"A strong anti-Congress wave is sweeping across the country and people are fed up with corruption, misrule and failure of UPA government on all fronts and itching for a change," he told reporters here.
Emergence of Aam Adami Party (AAP) in Delhi is just a reflection of mood of the people, Ramdev added.
Asserting that AICC vice president Rahul Gandhi was no match to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Ramdev said the performance of two leaders during past ten years has made clear to the people that "Modi build his stature due to his hard work, dedication and vision while Rahul inherited it.
Accusing Congress of not taking steps to curb corruption, provide jobs to unemployed youth and bring back the black money back stashed in foreign banks, Ramdev said people are reeling under rising prices, corruption and crime.
On the success of AAP, Ramdev said it was result of anti-Congress sentiments of the people and the party is yet to acquire "political stature" at the national level.
He, however, said that Arvind Kejriwal did not follow the "Guru-Shishya" (Teacher-disciple) tradition and fell apart with Anna Hazare, who led the agitation for Lokpal.
Crediting Anna Hazare with getting the Lokpal bill passed, the yoga guru said the Gandhian led the agitation but it was he (Ramdev) who propelled him to national-level and provided a national platform.
Meanwhile, Ramdev described Narendra Modi as a person who has "fingers on the pulse of people."
He said, "Modi has worked for people and we are supporting him as has taken up our cause."
Under Modi's leadership, BJP tasted success in the recent assembly polls and it was on way of forming government at the Centre, the yoga teacher said.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'