Congress gives Rahul Gandhi official status to take major decisions: SP
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- Malaysia asks India to join search for missing plane
- Khobragadeâs help, husband cite âdifferencesâ, file for divorce
- President not for executing Bhullar, MHA disagrees
Samajwadi Party on Saturday said by appointing Rahul Gandhi as party vice president, Congress has accorded an official status to his role in taking major decisions of the party.
"It is an internal organisational matter of Congress. But at the same time, the decision to appoint him as vice-president is more of a formality. People know that most major decisions of Congress had Rahul's stamp of approval. Now, Congress has authorised him to take decisions officially," SP general secretary and national spokesperson Ram Gopal Yadav said.
Yadav, whose party is extending outside support to the Congress-led UPA government, said there is a possibility that Rahul could be appointed as the Working President of Congress in the near future.
Congress today elevated Rahul to the number two position in the party by appointing him as vice president.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express