Congress high five
- AAP govt sacks Delhi Food Minister Asim Ahmed over corruption charges
- Two Indians detained in Dubai and Saudi Arabia for terror links
- Nitish Kumar ups the ante against BJP, says Bihar will progress on its own efforts
- Man beheads wife; walks on Pune road with her head
- Tell us one place where Ganga is clean: NGT asks Centre
Senior Deputy Mayor
Rana Kashmiri Devi (Congress): 23
Rajesh Gupta (BJP-SAD): 13
Satish Kainth (Congress): 21
Malkit Singh (BJP-SAD): 15
Mobile phones not allowed
ALL the councillors as well as those sitting in the visitor's gallery were asked to deposit their mobile phones at the entrance of the assembly hall. The polling booth was smaller in size as compared to the previous years. This was done following controversies in the previous elections over pictures of the ballot paper being clicked.
Scuffle in Mayor room
CONGRESS councillor Sat Prakash Aggarwal, who was a prospective mayoral candidate, and former councillor Bhupinder Singh Badheri entered into a scuffle in the mayor's office. The two shoved and pushed each other till the other leaders intervened to separate the two.
Supporters create a complete mess
The enthusiastic supporters of the newly elected mayor left his room a complete mess. The board where the names of former mayors is listed suffered damage along with a curtain in the room that was pulled down. The board where the engagements of the mayor are written was left hanging loose.
Celebrations on low-key note
Chawla kept the celebrations low-key with the usual drums missing. He said this was done to pay homage to the Delhi gangrape victim who died.