Congress issues 18-point 'chargesheet' against Modi
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
Modhwadia claimed that maximum number of farmers had committed suicide in Gujarat.
"In reply to a RTI query it was revealed that 7,000 farmers and 9,000 farm workers had committed suicide, and heavy debt burden was cited reason behind the extreme step," he said.
He alleged that "Gujarat government was having income of Rs 400 crore from tax levy on fertilizers, while the Centre was giving one lakh crore subsidy on the commodity in the interest of farmers."
He also alleged that "land was being given away to industrialists in Modi's BJP rule at throwaway prices which tantamount to corruption of nearly one lakh crore."