Congress lacks leaders, itís banking on stolen pictures: BJP
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
Taking a dig at the Gujarat Congress, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley Sunday said there were no leaders in that party to take on the BJP, therefore its leaders were using "stolen" pictures in party advertisements to mislead people - BJP leader was referring to an exclusive story broken by The Indian Express.
"The Gujarat Congress does not have leaders who can stand competition from leaders of the BJP. This is why faces of its leaders are not seen in its advertisements," Jaitley said addressing an election rally in Nadiad town of Kheda district.
"On the other hand, the BJP has leaders and candidate to become chief minister. However, after watching Congress advertisements, people are wondering who are their leaders!" Jaitley quipped.
Referring to a Congress advertisement alleging malnourishment among children in Gujarat, he said, "It has been found that the boy who was shown in the ad was not from Gujarat but from Sri Lanka. Unki chori pakdi gai hain. Is se saabit hota hain ki ye zooth chalate hain (They have been caught in the act. This proves that they spread lies)."
Jaitley, a member of Rajya Sabha from Kheda, claimed that the situation of children in the state was not as bad as it was being shown in Congress advertisements.
He heaped praise on Narendra Modi saying the chief minister had made Gujarat a model state for development, which would be replicated by other states.