Congress leaders block demolition drive at Kaimbwala
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Drama was witnessed at village Kaimbwala on Tuesday morning as some Congress leaders collected there to stop a demolition drive that was scheduled to take place. The Congress leaders along with some villagers blocked the road with a tree and some vehicles so as not to allow the team that had to conduct the demolition to enter.
The drive was to be held to demolish unauthorised houses.
A few days ago, the Congress leaders, after a meeting with the officials of the Administration, had claimed that no houses that were already constructed would be demolished. As the drive was to be held on Tuesday this was opposed.
The officials who had come to the site to demolish the houses returned after announcing that the drive had been cancelled for the day. Among the Congress leaders who were present there were Pardeep Chhabra, Devinder Singh Babla, Mukesh Bassi and Bhupinder Singh Badheri.
The Congress has over the past few weeks been making attempts to woo the voters in the villages. It is being claimed that the demolition of the construction outside lal dora will not be done.