Congress links Modi toilet remark to Ayodhya issue
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Ridiculing Narendra Modi for his "toilets first, temples later" remark, Congress on Thursday linked it to the Ayodhya issue and asked BJP and RSS to clarify whether they support the statement of their chosen prime ministerial candidate.
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh also wondered whether VHP, RSS and BJP would react the same way as they did when BSP founder late Kashiram had suggested a public toilet complex should be made at the disputed site in Ayodhya as a solution to all problems surrounding the controversial issue.
"MODI-'Build Toilets and not Temples' Would VHP, RSS, BJP react the same way as they did when Kashiramji made similar statement about Ayodhya?" Singh tweeted.
"Or they would support the statement of Modi their chosen PM candidate? VHP, RSS, BJP must clarify. Else their Temple issue stands exposed," he posted.
Union minister Rajiv Shukla said Modi is "not a Hindu leader" but is being projected as such to "mislead" Hindus and garner votes.
"BJP goes silent on whatever Narendra Modi says and begins supporting him. Jairam Ramesh had once said toilets should be made first in villages before temples. BJP had then immediately criticised Ramesh and demanded that he seek an apology from the nation.
"Why BJP is not opening its mouth when Modi said this? He (Modi) is not a Hindu leader. He has not even done anything for Hindus. He is not a leader of Hindus. His views are also entirely different. He is being projected like this to mislead people, mislead Hindus under a conspiracy to garner votes," Shukla said.
Singh also attacked the Gujarat chief minister referring to a newspaper article in past asking "Has Modi ever tried his hand at Manual Scavenging to know about the Spiritual Experience" in another tweet.
He said that the article that had quoted Modi as saying that those who clean toilets get spiritual pleasure in doing it reflects the BJP leader's views on Dalits.
- BJP to distribute Modi gulaal for Holi
- Improve facilities in courts: HC tells state
- Varanasi seat may delay BJP’s list for UP
- CPM-backed Kairali TV airs interview of author who alleged sex abuse at Amritanandamayi ashram
- Identification parade of suspects held in Yerawada Jail
- State to fine-tune boundaries in eco-sensitive areas