Congress lost recent Assembly polls due to insiders: Beni
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors slam Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark
- I skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
The Congress lost the recent Assembly elections in four states due to insiders, Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma today claimed.
Talking to reporters in Kaiserganj here, Verma claimed that "insiders" played a role in his party's drubbing in the recent polls, and said soon an overhauling exercise would be undertaken in the party and its beginning would be made from Uttar Pradesh.
To a question, the Union minister said the BJP would not be able to come to power in the the next four decades, and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi would always remain "Prime Minister-in-waiting".
Claiming that Congress would win more than 50 seats in Uttar Pradesh, Verma said Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi would be the next Prime Minister.
On the Muzaffarnagar riots, he said that it is the outcome of the connivance between BJP and Samajwadi Party. Terming the law and order of the state a "total failure", Verma said that by creating more than one power entres, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav is not allowing Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to function.