Congress lost recent Assembly polls due to insiders: Beni
- Narendra Modi new talking point in Tamil Nadu, but few say they will vote for him
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- Pratapgarh Dalits angry with Mayawati, Muslims feel âunsafeâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Amritsar set for PM vs Modi contest
The Congress lost the recent Assembly elections in four states due to insiders, Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma today claimed.
Talking to reporters in Kaiserganj here, Verma claimed that "insiders" played a role in his party's drubbing in the recent polls, and said soon an overhauling exercise would be undertaken in the party and its beginning would be made from Uttar Pradesh.
To a question, the Union minister said the BJP would not be able to come to power in the the next four decades, and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi would always remain "Prime Minister-in-waiting".
Claiming that Congress would win more than 50 seats in Uttar Pradesh, Verma said Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi would be the next Prime Minister.
On the Muzaffarnagar riots, he said that it is the outcome of the connivance between BJP and Samajwadi Party. Terming the law and order of the state a "total failure", Verma said that by creating more than one power entres, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav is not allowing Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to function.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota