Telangana Congress MLAs to seek early decision on statehood
Stepping up their efforts for A separate Telangana, ruling Congress MLAs from the region would soon write a letter to the party high command to take an early and favourable decision on the issue.
Several Telangana Congress MLAs, who met here today, also appealed to the youth of the region not to commit suicides in support of the statehood demand.
"We are ready for any sacrifice for the sake of Telangana. We appeal to the youth not to make their parents face the agony of losing children," Congress Chief Whip in the
Assembly G Venkata Ramana Reddy told reporters.
He said the Telangana Congress MLAs would continue their efforts to realise the long-pending statehood demand.
The Congress leadership and the Centre have recently said further consultations are needed to find a solution to the contentious Telangana issue.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again