Narendra Modi likened to Adolf Hitler, Pol Pot by Congress MP
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Congress MP Shantaram Naik today compared Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to Adolf Hitler and Pol Pot.
Naik, Rajya Sabha MP from Goa, said here that India could not allow "rulers like Hitler and (Combodian dictator) Pol Pot" to flourish in the country and destroy "democratic institutions and social fabric".
Modi, widely touted as BJP's likely Prime Ministerial candidate, today arrived here to take part in his party's national executive which starts tomorrow.
Naik alleged that Modi pretended to be what he was not, and his role in Gujarat riots made him an unlikely candidate for the Prime Minister's post in the 2014 elections.
Naik also said that Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar's praise for Modi on TV was "shocking".
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress