Narendra Modi likened to Adolf Hitler, Pol Pot by Congress MP
- Moga molestation case: Family refuses to cremate victim, seeks cancellation of bus firm's permit
- Ramdev rebuts Opposition, says his medicine doesn't promise male child
- Economic policy 'directionless', minorities anxious: Shourie on Modi government
- Six Baltimore officers face murder charges in black man shooting
- 'All of a sudden, I saw light': Nepal earthquake survivor recounts rescue
Congress MP Shantaram Naik today compared Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to Adolf Hitler and Pol Pot.
Naik, Rajya Sabha MP from Goa, said here that India could not allow "rulers like Hitler and (Combodian dictator) Pol Pot" to flourish in the country and destroy "democratic institutions and social fabric".
Modi, widely touted as BJP's likely Prime Ministerial candidate, today arrived here to take part in his party's national executive which starts tomorrow.
Naik alleged that Modi pretended to be what he was not, and his role in Gujarat riots made him an unlikely candidate for the Prime Minister's post in the 2014 elections.
Naik also said that Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar's praise for Modi on TV was "shocking".