Narendra Modi likened to Adolf Hitler, Pol Pot by Congress MP
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Congress MP Shantaram Naik today compared Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to Adolf Hitler and Pol Pot.
Naik, Rajya Sabha MP from Goa, said here that India could not allow "rulers like Hitler and (Combodian dictator) Pol Pot" to flourish in the country and destroy "democratic institutions and social fabric".
Modi, widely touted as BJP's likely Prime Ministerial candidate, today arrived here to take part in his party's national executive which starts tomorrow.
Naik alleged that Modi pretended to be what he was not, and his role in Gujarat riots made him an unlikely candidate for the Prime Minister's post in the 2014 elections.
Naik also said that Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar's praise for Modi on TV was "shocking".