Congress orders probe into Ramdev land deal
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
The BJP government's decision to give a prime land in solan district to Yoga guru Baba Ramdev has come under the scanner of the Congress government, which has decided to get the allotment inquired into following allegations of irregularities and violations of the law.
Revenue minister Kaul Singh Thakur said, "As per the revenue rules, no foreign national can be allotted land in the state and we have come to know that lease was signed with Acharya Balkrishna, a close associate of Baba Ramdev, who is a Nepali national.
"We will also probe the role of a BJP minister in the deal as it was a clear favour given to Yoga guru." The prime land was leased out for one-time payment of over Rs 17 lakh and annual token lease money of Re 1.