Congress out of race for Visavadar
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Third FIR against Giriraj Singh; Muslims should not be afraid of BJP, says Joshi
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: Can SRH bowlers put brakes on KXIP batsmen?
When the scrutiny of nominations was underway at the office of district election officer on Monday afternoon, Patel came with a recall mandate from the party, following which election officials cancelled Harpati's nomination and approved Patel's.
Patel, a tribal leader, was Congress MLA from 1985 to 1990 from Chikhli constituency in Navsari. She was re-elected from Chikhli in the 2002 Assembly elections.
"I am happy that the party has again selected me from Gandevi," Patel told The Indian Express while expressing confidence that she would win.
She will be contesting against former BJP minister Mangu Patel.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready