Congress out of race for Visavadar
- Raja 'misled' Manmohan Singh on policy matters: CBI to court
- RSS raises Ambedkar vs Mother Teresa row
- From Maldives, road to Islamic State goes via drugs, gangs and jail
- In a first, Indian military contingent to march at Moscow’s Red Square
- Maharashtra by-poll: Shiv Sena set to retain Bandra (E), NCP wins Tasgaon
When the scrutiny of nominations was underway at the office of district election officer on Monday afternoon, Patel came with a recall mandate from the party, following which election officials cancelled Harpati's nomination and approved Patel's.
Patel, a tribal leader, was Congress MLA from 1985 to 1990 from Chikhli constituency in Navsari. She was re-elected from Chikhli in the 2002 Assembly elections.
"I am happy that the party has again selected me from Gandevi," Patel told The Indian Express while expressing confidence that she would win.
She will be contesting against former BJP minister Mangu Patel.