Congress to hold FDI convention
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
The Chandigarh Territorial Congress Committee will be holding a convention on December 22 to create awareness among its workers about a host of issues, including FDI in retail. The same day, the membership drive of the party will also be kickstarted.
General Secretary, All India Congress Committee, Gulchain Singh Charak will inaugurate the membership drive. Local MP and Union Minister for Railways Pawan Kumar Bansal will speak on Foreign Direct Investment and economic affairs. Congress MP Vijaylaxmi Sadho will also be among the speakers apart from Prof S K Sharma and Dr Anirudh Joshi.
The convention is aimed at creating awareness among the party workers and leaders. With FDI being an issue of much debate and the city among those eligible for its introduction, the party workers will be made aware about its benefits. The day long convention will be held at the Congress Bhawan in Sector 35.