Congress to tweet text, upload Rahul rally videos in real time for wider reach
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi files his nomination from Varanasi, says technology upgradation and branding needed for development of Kashi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- PM Manmohan Singh dismisses Modi-wave in country
- Letter by Xavier's principal criticising Gujarat model taken down from college website
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP records 24 % in first four hours
In a first ever such move, Congress would be tweeting parts of the speech and uploading the video snippets on social networking sites in real time when party vice-president Rahul Gandhi addresses two rallies in Uttar Pradesh on October 30.
A special IT team from Delhi, temporary wifi-network, computers, laptops and a media-centre would all be part of Rahul Gandhi's rallies that would take place in Raath area in Hamirpur district of Bundelkhand region and Salempur under Deoria district in eastern UP.
Even social media teams, which have been created in past few months after several rounds of training by experts, would be camping at the rally venues to upload the key points of Rahul Gandhi's speech on to social networking sites.
"While parts of the speech would be tweeted immediately, videos would be shared on social networking sites. Since, both the rallies have been planned on school ground, we are planning to create the infrastructure in one room each for the time being. Final decision would be taken after teams arrive from Delhi," a party leader looking after the preparation work for the rallies told The Indian Express.
An expert team is likely to reach rally grounds Monday with required infrastructure. In the past, rallies of both Congress president Sonia Gandhi as well as Rahul Gandhi in the state have been a simple affair with hardly any facilities on the rally ground apart from the barricading and a covered dais.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling