Congress worker stabbed, three held
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
SURAT: Police arrested three persons Tuesday in connection with the last night incident in which a Congress worker was stabbed in Umarpada taluka of Surat district while he was returning home after campaigning for Tejas Chaudhary, the Congress candidate from Mangrol constituency. The victim, Manoj Chaudhary (40) is said to be critical and has been shifted New Civil Hospital in Surat. For Mangrol seat, Tejas Chaudhary is pitted against BJP's Ganpat Vasava.
Union minister: Guj diverting central funds
SURAT: Union Commerce Minister Anand Sharma, who was here to campaign for Congress on Tuesday, accused the state government of not using thousands of crores of rupees sent by the Centre under various national schemes like MNREGA and JNNURM and instead diverting it into new schemes of its own.