Congress workers clash in Barabanki, several injured
- Suspend CSK and Rajasthan from IPL until probe, make Gavaskar BCCI chief: Supreme Court
- Subrata Roy to remain in jail as Sahara tells SC it cannot pay Rs 10,000 crore for release
- Modi takes 'Jayanthi tax' jibe at Congress, tears into its manifesto
- Pak men held in UP aimed at repeat of Jama Masjid attack
- March 27 Campaign roundup: In Bihar, Modi says Nitish failed to prevent terror strike for 'vote bank' politics
Workers of the Congress party Wednesday clashed amongst each other, leaving a few injured, in Barabanki district during a meeting called to select members for the new district committee. Senior party leaders were in discussion inside a local marriage hall when the workers waiting outside started throwing chairs and tables at each other following a heated argument, which, some alleged, erupted between supporters of Union minister Beni Prasad Verma and MP P L Punia over the selection of candidates. Senior party leaders denied the allegation, saying the ruckus took place because some workers wanted to draw attention of the selection committee towards them.