Constable accused of killing Chandigarh cop arrested from Delhi
- Finally, the axe falls: AAP expels Prashant Bhushan, Yogendra Yadav and 2 others for ‘anti-party’ activities
- SC refuses to dismiss National Green Tribunal's ban on 15-year-old vehicles in Delhi
- In House, land line gives Congress a Rahul recharge
- The Failing Fields: Wheat crop damaged, only seeds of discord at Punjab’s mega mandi
- Two ‘Pak’ boats with heroin seized near Gujarat, 8 held
The dismissed UT Police Constable Basant Kumar who murdered a Chandigarh Police Inspector Sucha Singh in the wee hours yesterday has been arrested by a special team of Haryana police from Delhi. Basant and his girlfriend Sarita both were wanted for murdering Sucha Singh and leaving another cop injured. According to Haryana police officials, Basant and Sarita were nabbed on the basis of secret information. Three teams of Haryana police claimed to be chasing Basant and Sarita and nabbed them finally in the wee hours today. Both Basant and Sarita shall be interrogated and produced in court today. Basant is facing charges of murdering Sarita's husband, mother-in-law and kidnapping her. The case is registered at Rai police station in Sonepat. Subsequently, both Basant and Sarita are facing murder and attempt to murder charges for killing Sucha Singh and leaving another Constable injured.