Constable’s son caught flaunting pistol in school
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
A class VII student of a private school here created panic on Saturday when he was allegedly found in possession of a pistol by the school authorities, police said. The incident took place in the DAV Public School when the student was showing a 9.mm calibre automatic pistol to his fellow students who were terrified and raised alarm, they said. Later, the matter was immediately brought to the notice of the school principal, who took no time to call the police in the school. The police reached the spot and took away the pistol from the boy, who is the son of head constable Balram Singh. Departmental action has been initiated against Singh as per the Punjab Police Service rules while the further investigations are on into the incident, police added.