Constable’s wife did not know of his affair: Cops
- Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention in Gujarat over no permission for road show
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
The wife of constable Sudhir Rane, who allegedly killed a woman he was having an affair with before shooting himself, has denied knowledge of the affair, police said.
"Rane's wife on Wednesday evening told us that she had never heard of Sarvari Khan and did not know if her husband had an affair with her," said inspector Manohar Hindalekar of Tardeo police station.
Rane lived in a room in the Haji Ali government quarters in Mahalakshmi with other guards while Khan lived in an SRA building close by.
She told police that ever since Rane was made part of Sanap's security team a few months ago, he spent most of his time in Mahalakshmi. However, she was clueless about what motivated him to commit the crimes as he did not seem disturbed, police said.
Police will examine the call data records of Rane and Khan.
On Wednesday morning, Rane allegedly shot Khan through a pillow in her home with his service revolver and used the same weapon to shoot himself in his room later.
Rane's wife and two children live in police quarters in Matunga.