Contractor held for making obscene calls
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
- Congress rakes up Vajpayee's Rajdharma remark post 2002 Gujarat riots to take on Modi
- Those with blood on their hands should not speak about the country: Mamata
- After Mulayam's rape shocker, Abu Azmi suggests death for sex 'with or without consent'
The police have arrested a private contractor who allegedly harassed more than 20 women over phone by making repeated obscene calls.
Complaints had been filed against him on the UP Police's Women Power Line, a helpline for women to lodge complaints against obscene calls and messages.
Gopal Gupta, a resident of Anpara area in Sonbhadra, was arrested after he did not stop calling the women and also abused the helpline officials who warned him over phone. A case had been lodged against him at Gautampalli police station last month for obstructing a public servant from discharging his duty.