Controversies 2012: Feud among stars come to the fore
- Target Uttar Pradesh: Modi goes to Varanasi, Rajnath to Lucknow
- TRS rules out alliance with Cong in LS, assembly polls
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
Bollywood and controversies go hand in hand and the year gone by was no different as stars continued to hog headlines with their share of public fights and scandals.
The year started with the news of superstar Shah Rukh Khan getting involved in an alleged "slapgate" with his former best friend Farah Khan's director husband Shirish Kunder.
Khan, who is otherwise known for his gentle and witty demeanour, apparently lost his cool with Kunder at a celebration bash for Hrithik Roshan-starrer "Agneepath".
Kunder had been provoking the actor for sometime by making uncharitable remarks against his ambitious project 'Ra.One'.
However, unlike his fight with Salman Khan some years ago, the latest brawl ended on a positive note. Kunder and Farah met Khan and sorted out their differences. The actor has also resumed his professional relationship with Farah.
SRK got involved in another public spat with the officials at the Wankhede stadium. The actor, who owns an IPL team, was accused of misbehaving with the security personnel there for not allowing him and his entourage to enter the cricket ground.
However, Shah Rukh defended himself saying that the security personnel manhandled the kids with him, including his daughter, which led to the altercation.
SRK was also linked to his 'Don' co-star Priyanka Chopra. It is not clear how the rumour began but it is said to be the reason behind SRK's best friend Karan Johar and Chopra's cold war, which spilled out onto Twitter.
Though not directly involved, SRK was in news again when his friend and former co-star Kajol's husband Ajay Devgn took legal action again Yash Raj Films over the release of Khan-starrer 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan'.
Yash Chopra's last film ran into trouble with Devgn claiming that his 'Son Of Sardar' was not getting enough screens due to the dominant position of YRF with the distributors, an allegation denied by the production house.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy