Cop among 3 booked for abducting minor
- India goes to poll in 9 phases from April 7 to May 12; vote count on May 16
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
A local court sent a police constable and two others to two days in police remand on Monday after they were booked at the Sadar police station for allegedly abducting a minor girl of Sukhanwala village. The 16-year-old girl was found missing from her house on Sunday night and was allegedly forcibly taken away by constable Kulwinder Singh, Kuldeep Singh and another resident of Sukhanwala village.
The girl was recovered from Golewala village and was handed over to her parents. Police have so far registered a case of abduction against the trio. "Rape charges will be added if the medical report suggests sexual assault. It is yet to come," SHO Partap Singh said. Police said the girl was taken in the constable's car by the trio. The police personnel had only recently joined this job. The girl, a class IX student, was living with her maternal grandparents at Sukhanwala village.