Cop guarding judge shoots paramour, self
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Sudhir Rane, who was married and had two children, had allegedly been having an affair with 45-yr-old Sarvari Khan.
A constable part of the escort party of TADA judge G A Sanap allegedly shot a woman he was having an extramarital affair with in her Mahalakshmi residence Wednesday early morning before shooting himself 40 minutes later in his home.
Police said Sudhir Rane (40), who lived with three colleagues in a room on the ground floor of building 11 of Haji Ali Government Quarters, used his fully loaded service revolver to commit the crimes.
The married man with two children had allegedly been having an affair with 45-year-old Sarvari Khan, who lived on the 5th floor in B wing of a Slum Rehabilitation Authority (SRA) building down the lane with sons Sameer (13), Nadeem (18) and Nabeel (23).
The family had another home on the 6th floor.
Tuesday night, Rane went to meet Khan after work. He allegedly told her his wife may come to fight as she had found out about their affair and that they should retire to the 5th floor, leaving the boys on the 6th.
Police said between 5.15 and 5.30 am, Rane allegedly placed a pillow on the chest of Khan and shot her before leaving.
The constable asked a man for a cigarette outside the SRA building. When the man told him he did not have one, he waited for a few minutes and realising that nearby stores would not open until 7 am, walked home.
"A man who washes taxis early in the morning told me Rane asked him for a cigarette, but he did not have one. Rane then casually walked back to his room," said Ravidnra Lale, a security guard at the quarters.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid